We’re looking for an experienced full-time digital project manager to join our team
You’ll be working closely with management to lead and structure the workflow of our team of designers, web developers and digital marketing experts; as well as looking after and managing the needs and expectations of our clients.
This will involve looking after everything from small, incoming update requests from retained clients to working on project managing larger, enterprise scale new builds / projects.
You’ll help to shape project requirements and timelines and ensure we deliver high quality work, on time and to budget. You’ll be responsible for planning the team’s work schedules as well as managing changing priorities as they happen (anyone who’s worked in a previous agency role will understand that priorities can change quickly and frequently; being able to adapt and manage this rapid change is what agency life is all about).
You’ll be outstanding at working as part of a team and possess great interpersonal and communication skills. You thrive in the digital world and are happiest working within a multidisciplinary team. You’re happy to collaborate with others and share ideas with team members and clients alike.
The ideal candidate must understand the constraints of project delivery across scope, time and budget and will have experience in applying this knowledge previously (not necessarily in an agency environment). We use a range of project management tools and methodologies as part of our business processes; blending them as required and adapting our working practices to meet client needs.
You’re organised, methodical, creative and passionate about working as part of a team to deliver great digital projects.
Other skills/attributes we are looking for
- Have a good understanding of the web design and development lifecycle
- Have a good understanding of digital marketing campaigns and techniques
- Ability to perform basic UAT (testing) to ensure what we're sending to clients works and looks good across modern browsers and devices
- Communicate clearly and rationally (especially under pressure), internally and externally
- Be able to work under pressure when required and handle multiple moving targets
- Excellent personal and communication skills
- Be an outstanding team player with proven ability to lead and facilitate where necessary
- Have a keen eye for detail and experience in using digital tools to manage projects
- Agency experience is ideal but not absolutely essential
What you’ll be responsible for
- Helping the team stay on top of day-to-day organisation and timeline of projects and tasks
- Defining / clarifying the scope of work for each project and communicating this clearly with the design and development teams
- Running daily standups / huddles and championing clear work targets to ensure projects are delivered to the highest of standards, on time and on budget
- Be the client’s direct point of contact for any work-in-progress, updating them on project progress and dealing with any issues that may arise
- Working alongside the team to implement changes, improve our processes and practises incrementally and help us to continue to be leaders in our field
More about us
At Core our team is vital to both our success and how we enjoy our work. We offer a flexible working environment with a great team and supportive and approachable management.
We have been operating for almost 20 years and our clients include a broad range of businesses and organisations, from small independents to recognised brands. Our studio is based in Cardiff Bay but we’re currently working remotely; hoping to return to our studio in Mount Stuart Square over the coming weeks and months.
Salary package will be based on ability and experience.