We are looking for a Web Designer to join our team
We’re a friendly bunch with a supportive and flexible working environment offering a competitive salary based on ability and experience.
We’re happy to receive applications from a range of experience levels, but you must be able to evidence commercial work at least similar to ours and demonstrate your ability to work to high standards.
You will work closely with project managers, web developers and digital marketing experts to design and build new websites and web applications. You will also look after and maintain the quality of the websites we service.
As a key member of the team at Core you will feed into proposals and pitches for new contracts, help to shape project outcomes and play a valued part in delivering high quality work that is both on time and on budget. You will also contribute to Core’s creative direction, company website, social media and other marketing material.
Some must haves
- you are used to managing changing priorities as they happen—anyone who’s worked in a previous agency role knows that priorities can change quickly and frequently. It is crucial that you are able to adapt in order to manage these rapid changes;
- you have great interpersonal and communication skills and feel comfortable working as part of a close-knit, multidisciplinary and friendly team;
- you thrive in the digital world and enjoy collaborating with others, sharing ideas with team members and clients alike;
- you understand the constraints of project delivery across scope, time and budget, and have previous experience in applying this knowledge (although not necessarily in an agency environment);
- you have a flexible approach—we use a range of project management tools and methodologies as part of our business processes, blending them as required and adapting our working practices to meet client needs;
- you are organised, methodical, creative and passionate and want to work as part of a friendly team who deliver great digital projects; and
- you can show a strong and versatile portfolio of work across a range of sectors.
Your responsibilities will include
- working with project managers and clients to establish requirements
- keeping up with the latest trends and techniques in digital design
- researching and planning creative responses
- presenting ideas to the project team for internal review
- user-focused/oriented research
- heuristic evaluation
- usability best-practice techniques
- delivering high quality UI/UX mockups and prototypes (using Adobe XD)
- designing and producing artwork for non-digital assets
- reviewing and contributing work at various project lifecycle stages.
Other desirable skills and attributes
- a good understanding of the web design and development lifecycle, from planning to deployment
- a good understanding of digital marketing campaigns and techniques
- the ability to communicate clearly and rationally, especially under pressure, both internally and externally
- the capacity to work under pressure and handle multiple moving targets
- the confidence to accept feedback and critique of your creative work
- a keen eye for detail and experience in using the latest and greatest design and layout tools
- knowledge or experience in Creative Cloud including Adobe XD, Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- agency experience (although not absolutely essential)
- the ability to communicate your ideas confidently, both to the internal team and to clients.
More about us
At Core the strength of our team is vital to our success and how we enjoy our work. We offer a flexible working environment with a friendly team and supportive and approachable management.
We have been operating for almost 20 years. Our clients include a broad range of businesses and organisations, from small independents to recognised brands. Our studio is based at Mount Stuart Square in Cardiff Bay, but we’re currently working remotely as required by COVID-19 regulations. We hope to return to our studio when restrictions are lifted and it is safe to do so.
The salary package will be based on ability and experience. We are happy to receive applications from all levels and abilities.