We’re looking for an experienced full-time web developer to join our team.
We’re a friendly bunch with a supportive and flexible working environment offering a competitive salary based on ability and experience.
You’ll be as comfortable working on pixel perfect front-ends as you are working with server-side applications, content management systems and frameworks.
We’re happy to receive applications from a range of experience levels and front / back end leanings but you must be able to evidence commercial work similar to ours and an ability to work to high standards.
More about us
We have been in business for almost 20 years and our clients include a broad range of businesses and organisations, from small independent sole traders to recognised household brands.
We’re looking for an experienced web developer that understands the importance of good engineering solutions, takes pride in what they deliver and enjoys being a part of a hard working team. You’ll play an active role in the design and development of our client’s websites and other web based systems we design, build and maintain.
Essentials for the role
- Front and backend web development experience (commercial projects).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding of the entire website design and development process, including design, testing, build, deployment and maintenance.
- Attention to detail.
Non-essential skills (but must have a keen interest in learning)
- Cloud server/infrastructure setup and maintenance.
- Advanced Wordpress / plugin development (some exposure to Roots framework would be ideal).
- JAM stack experience (client and server).
- An understanding of database theory and implementation using MySQL, Postgres experience desirable. Any experience of NoSQL a bonus.
Current tech focus
The following describes our current tech focus, but as a valued member of our team you will get to play a leading role in shaping Core’s future tech directions:
- Ruby (Rails, Middleman, Sinatra)
- PHP (Wordpress / Roots framework)
- JAM stack
- Cloud based services and more!
Personal traits we are seeking
- Ability to work well in a team as well as under own initiative.
- Passionate about your work / practice.
- Strong communication skills.
- A smart thinker who can get things done.
- Equal willingness to learn and teach.
- Sense of humour / friendly approach.
Responsibilities of the role will include
- Participating in the planning, design, development and deployment of new websites and web applications.
- Development of new features/enhancements/upgrades to a stock of previously built websites / web applications.
- Creating clean, maintainable and well tested code.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
What we expect from you
- A commitment to Core as a team member.
- Focus and drive to be the best you can.
- Flexibility to put in the hours when needed (we operate a flexi-time system).
- A commercial awareness.
What you can expect from us
- Your own Mac or Ubuntu based workstation.
- Flexible working environment.
- Great team.
- Supportive and approachable management team.
- Salary negotiable based on ability and experience.
To apply, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us a bit about yourself and why the role interests you.